Rev. Carl Guenther
In late July of 1882, the Evangelical Lutheran St. Paul's Congregation of the Unadulterated Augsburg Confession was organized. In 1883, the congregation was received into membership in the German Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio and Other States at the convention in Homestead, Iowa. In 1887 the first church building was erected and dedicated to the service of God on October 9.
Because of the large growth of the congregation, space became important and land two blocks north of the courthouse was purchased for a new church building. On November 18, 1928, the large brick church we currently worship in was dedicated. The present parsonage was built and occupied on April 20, 1931.
On April 13, 1958, ground was broken for the new educational wing, which was dedicated in April 1959. A new front entrance and chair lift was installed in 1962. In 1974 the Good Shepherd Preschool was established to provide a Christ centered program for 3 and 4 year olds.
Over the years there have been many improvements to the building. A complete remodel of the sanctuary took place in 2008. The social room was remodeled in 2014 followed by new flooring and doors throughout the educational wing in 2019.